How to begin volunteering with us:
- Check the programme for future tasks that you would like to join
- Get in touch via the ‘CONTACT US’ Page or Facebook link above – to let us know you are interested, and ask any questions
- We are currently sending task invites via email only, so please ask to be added to our mailing list if you want to receive them
- We will let you know where we will meet and at what time, which is usually 9.50 am
- Where numbers of volunteers are limited, booking on is required – this will be detailed in the emailed invites
- If you need a lift, let us know and we will try to arrange one
- Check the weather forecast before the task, as we are usually outdoors all day. In any event, wear old clothes, strong shoes or boots and bring a packed lunch. The group provides all the tools and gloves as well as tea, coffee and biscuits
- On the day – we’ll meet the ranger who will begin with a safety and task briefing, including how to use any tools. We have tea break at around 11.15am, and lunch at about 1pm
- We usually finish at 4pm, but you can leave earlier if you want to.
ESNTV is run by a Committee of active members comprising: Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Programme secretary, Membership secretary and committee members, some with additional responsibilities. The Committee meets at least once a year as required, and is another way that you can make a voluntary contribution with us, along with joining the AGM, which is also open to all volunteers.
If you are keen to support us, but not by joining our tasks, we are also interested in hearing from people who want to develop skills in collaboration with our Group. For example, people have supported us by producing flyers, business cards, developing our website and auditing our accounts.
We are also keen to support other local groups and organisations. For example through talks and presentations.